Optimize Post Titles Using H2 tags in Blogger - Better SEO
W3C validate blogger XHTML template~Must Read | | | Complete SEO Guide Step by Step | | | My Huge Dofollow Blogs List
Google Groups

Subscribe to our Newsletter to GET SEO Tools, Backlink Resources, SEO E-books , Make Money Online and Make Money Blogging Guides delivered to your mail box Absolutely FREE!!!

Hot!!! Get Complete Email Marketing Course "How to start from Scratch and earn like a pro". Guide will be delevered to your mailbox within 24 hours of your subscription

Email:
ProSEOexpert

Dec 2, 2011

Pin It

Optimize Post Titles Using H2 tags in Blogger - Better SEO

Recently I explained tutorial for How to change Title tags in blogger for better SEO and today I am here with most important H2 Post Title Optimization Technique.
Not optimizing H2 heading tags in a blogger blog is a biggest mistake that many of bloggers do.
Google has already cleared that google bots reads your content just like a human reads it, headings, highlighted and bolded text draws more attention of both visitors and google bots.
Heading tags starts from H1,H2 and go up to H6 in decreasing order of size and importance. By default all blogger templates have H1 tags assigned for Homepage Main Title, H2 tag for blog description and header dates,sidebar headings and H3 tag for Post Titles.
However the fact is that Post Titles are the second most important part of your blog after the main title. Sidebar and post description are nothing important as comparison with your post titles.

So the in short and simple conclusion of this post is,
In blogger H3 tags are assigned to post titles by default, We are going to assign H2 tags to the Post Titles which will give more importance to the post title of-course after your Homepage main title.

So here is tutorial to change Post Titles Heading tags to H2 in Blogger
  • Go to blogger > Design > Edit HTML 
  • check the expand template box
  • Backup your template
  • Now search for
.post h3
and Replace it with this code bellow,
.post h2

  • Remember replace all the occurrences of .post h3 with .post h2
  • Then search for
<h3><data:title/></h3 
and replace it with ,
<h2><data:title/></h2>
  • Thats it, Now you have successfully optimised your heading tags for better SEO.
After this optimization you will gradually see good increase in web traffic and your blog will perform its best in SERPs.

49 comments :

Admin said...

NIce Tutorial Dude ....
cyberontech.blogspot.com

SEO Singapore said...

I am very much impressed from your post.It has amazing information.I learned lot of new things which explores my knowledge in various developments.So i must appreciate your efforts on posting these information. search engine optimization singapore

Ritesh Warke said...

@freaky,
Thanks dude..

Ritesh Warke said...

@web design singapore,
I am glad to hear that , plz comment with your name. :)

kawsar9999 said...

I would like to avail this checklist. Good thing I have read this article. Besides from the fact that it impressed me,
it also gives me the best ideas on matters regarding SEO.
SEO Schweiz

Affiliate Marketing Companies said...

Thanks for sharing good information for all bloggers.This is a very important thing in SEO and Blogging.

santaz said...

Hello, Great article! This is my first time i visit here. I discovered sbo numerous fascinating stuff in your weblog.

search engine optimisation said...

It 'was a great idea! I just want to say thanks for the information you shared. Continue to write this.

Gaby said...

Thank you very much!Very usefull article

spassurance said...

I think Heading tag is a important part in Seo. I read your article such a great information about heading tag. I really impressed with your post & blog. It it very informative post for me.

Web Application Development Services

seo singapore said...

just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

Ritesh Warke said...

@Gaby,you are always wellcome :)

@seo singapore, Nice to here that, thanks :)

spassurance said...

Thanks for sharing good information for all bloggers.This is a very important thing in SEO and Blogging.

Web Applications Development

sathya said...

Nice sharing.Thanks for creation site.
E commerce portal

wilsonpills said...

Here above share blog is very need for it affects on seo and beneficial to the SEO. This is the best title tag optimization I've ever used. Thanks for the posting.

corded foam ear plugs

Unknown said...

not showing 2nd step

Ritesh Warke said...

@shafeeq, plz clear your point, where you are getting problem,
And give your blog url so I can check out source code..

Stephan Popov said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Monk said...

Can you not also use conditional tags to make the post title H1 only on post pages, but H2 on the main page (with blog homepage main title H1) ... ?

Sahil Patel said...

Why the h2 tag? Why not the h1 tag for post title?

NY said...

not working for me...

Unknown said...

i didnt find this peace of code to replace h3 data:title h3. deleted braces bcoz its not allowing to comment

Ritesh Warke said...

@Jamie Monk in Phuket,
Yes you can do that but its a messy thing for the highly customized blogger templates that we generally use, but if you are more familier playing with blogspot templates then you can easily do that.

@Sagar Nargolkar,
Yes you can use h1 tag,but if you use hi tag for your post titles the your homepage will have all the posts with h1 tag, which is not allowed.
Again to overcome this you can use conditional tags to make the post title H1 only on post pages, but H2 on the main page. But again its a messy thing and you need to be more familier to highly customized blogger templates to achieve this.

@NY,
Nothing in this post is like that you can say not working for you,
I am sure you are not able to find any of code
mentioned above, because your template may be using h2 tags or h1 tag already. Give your blog url ,I will take a look at it.

Mary Paul said...

Great website. I picked up quite a lot. I hope to come back on your future updates. Keep up the great work.

Singapore SEO Company

Anonymous said...

But a show that you are useing H1 tags for your Post title.

Unknown said...

Great info..

Michigan SEO

Jibran Ahmed said...

yes use H1 TAGS but make sure that all tags must have uniqueness,
because Google like new or different things.

seo service

Unknown said...

Really info Michigan SEO

Ritesh Warke said...

@Abu Shaleh, Yes because I am familier with my template and can control the no. of H1 tags on my homepage to 1.

Also dont think H2 tag holds less priority
In absence of H1 tag H2 tag holds highest priority , If you are using H2 tags for your Title and not using H1 tag anywhere on that page then its perfectly fine :)

Siddharth Bandhu said...

Umm, can you explain this on the basis of NEW BLOGGER interface?

Siddharth Bandhu said...

I was not able to search for .post h3
My blog: freebiesforindia.blogspot.in

Dawnella said...

I did not find .post h3 on my blog either.

Unknown said...

Hello dear.You have written a great post. Going to share with my followers on twitter. Thanks for sharing.




Seo experts

newlaunchsingapore said...

H2 is given to Blog Description or Header dates, sidebar headers. Post titles are second most important part of blog after the main title.

Cheers for posting this post. The information that I obtained here was very useful. Keep up the good work!UP @ Robertson Quay

Tittu said...

Oh my God Really Brilliant work....
My blog is optimised with your advise.

http://symbianarchive.blogspot.com

really Thanks

seowebmaster said...

Very Nice sharing.Thanks for creation site.

Anonymous said...

thanks for share, nice tip

Rahul Dravid said...

if i used h3 to h1 what happen

Unknown said...

hi,

in my blog its already there
h2 data:title h2 by default

I saw another suggestion here
http://freshtips.blogspot.com/2012/05/optimize-blog-post-title-with-h2-tag.html

shall i change h3.post-title to h2.post-title?? if so what about this code

h3 class='post-title entry-title' itemprop='name'

shall I change it here also?

Unknown said...

It was a very good technique that Place a Blog title with Page title but it is little confusing for me because i have never observed this sort of experience.
SEO Company India

Unknown said...

what is the difference in all these tags
studyebooks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Quite insightful mate. I was only checking on h1 tags seo but what I found here are so much more. Thanks for sharing. I will keep a tab of this. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Man i can find it the new blogger interface all those codes i search with [ CTR + F ] and i cant find it?

Unknown said...

thank you so much..it works for me..at my Software Blog

Unknown said...

Useful resource. Niche is additionally an excellent means of targeting native search – G loves native. seo company in mumbai

Muhammad Jamshed said...

nice work dude
www.flasherzone.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have been gaining a lot of usable and exemplifying stuff in your website.
backlinks

Pretty Gloss said...

Hi there :)
Well I have a small beauty & fashion blog. I tried to find both texts but I could find them in Edit HTML. Can anyone help me pls?

Chiranjeev said...

Thanks for sharing the quick seo tips. It will really help blogger blog for better SEO.

Post a Comment

1. Feel free to share your opinion with us.
2. Spam = Trash
3. Use your real name and we don't mind giving you backlink.

Regards
Ritesh Warke