Can spam backlinks harm your rankings
W3C validate blogger XHTML template~Must Read | | | Complete SEO Guide Step by Step | | | My Huge Dofollow Blogs List
Google Groups

Subscribe to our Newsletter to GET SEO Tools, Backlink Resources, SEO E-books , Make Money Online and Make Money Blogging Guides delivered to your mail box Absolutely FREE!!!

Hot!!! Get Complete Email Marketing Course "How to start from Scratch and earn like a pro". Guide will be delevered to your mailbox within 24 hours of your subscription

Email:
ProSEOexpert

Dec 14, 2011

Pin It

Can spam backlinks harm your rankings

It is a big issue from past some years that do spam / negative backlinks harm your site in search engine rankings.
about 4-5 years ago google had confirmed that

Inbound links can’t harm your ranking because competitors would be able to harm your site by spamming thousand of low quality links.

However eecently Matt Cutts announced a change in Google’s policy.

The Google statement changed from:

There is nothing a competitor can do to harm your rankings
                                        to
There is almost nothing a competitor can do to harm your rankings.


It is very obvious that your competitor can blast huge number of spam backlinks to your site using black hat seo tools.
So do you think spam backlinks can really harm your site seaarch engine rankings?
If we consider googles statement then we can easily come to conclusion that,

Neither spam backlinks harm your site nor they boost your site in SERP's, they are just ignored by google.

However this theory is not applicable every where, Lets see how

Effect of spam backlinks on old trusted site


Some SEO experts says that google compares spam backlinks with existing authority quality links of a site. If any site have very strong and consistent backlinks in past then google will simply ignore the blast of spammy links bombarded on that site.


Effect of spam backlinks on new site


off course google will penalise a new site for spam backlinks as it is obvious that no one will going to harm a site that itself is struggling to bubble up on first few pages of google search results.

How to prevent site from spam attack by competitor


To prevent your site from getting penalised by google for spam attack by your competitor you only need to get some authority high quality links from niche sites. This can be done by getting some permanant backlinks from reputed niche sites through guest posting. Also there are many gov and edu. sites/forums that allows registration and dofollow backlinks through profile pages, grab them they will help you in long run.

How this algorithm building Market Monopolies


Some big fishes that are having bunch quality websites are free to spam as google dont hunts out big fishes. These Market Monopolies are hunting small websites and pushing them dipper and dipper in serps.

22 comments :

Michael Ly said...

Yes, spam kills blogs, but its not near as bad as it is for an EDU blog like this one http://blogs.southwesterncc.edu/nlile7634/spam-blog-comments/
Those get torn into because of the EDU.

Ritesh Warke said...

@Michael, ya thats reality :)

Anonymous said...

hi

yes this is right spam backling is very harmful for websites ranking it effect website rank

online software

Paul Walker (www.seocorporation.net) said...

Hello Webmaster,

Hope you are doing well!

I really like your blog and want to link on your blogroll and i can also add your link in my blogroll.

Please add my below keyword in your blogroll:

http://techinspiro.blogspot.com/

http://www.seocorporation.net/
keyword: SEO Company India

In return i will also add my link in my blogroll below:

http://www.seocorporation.blogspot.com/

Waiting your positive response.

Regards,
Paul Walker
www.seocorporation.net

Ritesh Warke said...

@Paul Walker, as you can see I have added your blog to my blogroll and want you to add my blog

http://www.techinspiro.blogspot.com

to yours blogroll with anchor keyword "dofollow list"

Also I want you to have link exchange with an another edu blog, Waiting your positive response. :)

Mark said...

Yes, spam kills blogs..

Search Engine Optimisation

CaddyManZ said...

Thanks for sharing superb gclub informations. Your site is so cool.

fernandis said...

hello Nice job!!
It is very informative and very helpful on my research regarding seo techniques. Thanks for sharing this post.
web design halifax

rahul said...

I think yes spam backlinks some times harm our ranking but you shared really good article here for us.
Chiropractor Brandon

Web Design Manchester said...

hey , ADVICE ME Right now I am doing Web Design Manchester and my website ranking is very down. But not I will follow the above tips and I am sure this will help me lot.
Web Design Manchester

Soler Panels said...

hi guys .... very nice post
Electric Car Bays

Kalvin said...

hello Nice job!!
It is very informative and very helpful on my research regarding seo techniques. Thanks for sharing this post.
Cupcake sprinkles

Kalvin said...

Hi, I'm looking for some thing that is relevant to this and it makes me feel happy, because that was perfect
Cupcake decorations

Kalvin said...

hey , Advice me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I am doing Cup cake decorations and my website ranking is very down. But not I will follow the above tips and I am sure this will help me lot.
Cup cake decorations

Kalvin said...

hello Nice job!!
It is very informative and very helpful on my research regarding seo techniques. Thanks for sharing this post.
Cupcake cases

AddIson said...

hello Nice job!!
It is very informative and very helpful on my research regarding seo techniques. Thanks for sharing this post.
driving lessons bristol

taskpandas said...

hey , Advice me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I am doing tiaras for wedding london and my website ranking is very down. But not I will follow the above tips and I am sure this will help me lot.
house cleaner London

kreatorseo said...

Hi,
This is a very good and unique source of information shared by you with all regarding The Latest SEO Tips and Techniques..

papia said...

In Bangladesh many seo workers are alive through working on internet allover the world. Idea that can change the working area like Odesk, freelancer, elance etc.
heaven book

Santosh Mishra said...

Anyone who will try to getting close to Google algorithm or say the original vision of Larry Page and Sergey Brian that how the web should be organised, will be considered as spammers. This is my finding. santoshmishra.com

candycardinal said...

thanks for sharing big help for my website

Unknown said...

Nice post!
It is very informative and very helpful on my research regarding seo techniques. Thank you for sharing this :)

visit this website

Post a Comment

1. Feel free to share your opinion with us.
2. Spam = Trash
3. Use your real name and we don't mind giving you backlink.

Regards
Ritesh Warke